Pricked with wire minute after someone else

Hello

I was handing over a wire for my sculpture teacher to examine and it had frayed ends making it very sharp. I heard him tell me to be careful about the sharp edges because he had just pricked himself with it. (I do not know if he had bled from it or if it was a significant wound) then stupidly and clumsily a minute or two afterwards I was unfortunately pricked by the same end... I did not however see any visible blood on the wire after being pricked and my finger was not bleeding but there was a red dot where I had been pricked (that red hole is still there under my skin months later) Was there an hiv risk?

Your answer is greatly appreciated

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

This situation doesn't really sound risky to me. Mainly because it's questionable if you pricked your skin enough to get down to where there's blood (you didn't bleed so it sounds like this didn't happen. The same thing would've needed to have happened to your teacher immediately before. Your teacher would also need to have HIV. If all of that actually did happen (doesn't sound like it did though), then it would have been very little blood around to infect.

Add all that together and it doesn't sound like there was any possibility of risk.

Hope this helps!

Erik

HIV and lubricants
Please help me, I am losing my mind