HIV transmission from hands to faucet

I have an unusual question about my risk for HIV. I live with an HIV positive colleague. Few days ago, he went inside the toilet to clean up his anal area which seems to have slowly healing lesions but is not actively bleeding though I am not very sure. Afterwards, he washed his hands touching the faucet and I immediately used the same faucet to wash my hands. After a minute, I took a shower and use the same hands which touch the faucet to clean up my penis and anal area. I am just concern if it happened that his wounds has some blood on it and contaminated the faucet by hisnhands and transferred the virus into the faucet, then into my hands and then to my penis and anal area. I read elsewhere that the foreskin and urethra have some HIV receptors. Is this mode possible? Am I at risk for HIV? or this situation warrants testing?

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no risk for HIV from what you're talking about.

Fluid with HIV needs to go immediately/directly between people. Otherwise so much time will pass that it'll die or be wiped away.

It's great to hear that you're trying to learn more to be the best roommate to your HIV positive colleague. Feel free to ask more questions and explore the answers here in our forum.

Hope this helps!

Erik

HCV from blood tainted glove.
HIV and lubricants