HCV from blood tainted glove.

Hi doctor Glenn, Ive been worried recently because during a blood test the nurse apparently used the same gloves she used for the previous patient, I saw some red spots on the gloves but I didn't worry because I was told a few years ago that in that lab they use a red pencil for something that may cause those red spots that look like blood, but you can't never be 100% sure, so my question is, if there was blood from the previous patient is there any chance of getting infected with HCV? Ive been told that there is no risk of contracting HIV from such situation, but can I get Hep C if she reused the gloves? I don't think she touched the needle with those gloves, but she may have touched the wound when she cleaned it with a cotton, should I get tested in three months because of this situation or can I move on? Thank you for your attention.

Response from Mr. Glenn

The situation you're describing doesn't have any risk for Hepatitis C.

Even if there was blood, even if if had Hepatitis C in it, even if it touched the place you had blood taken there really wouldn't have been risk.

This is because that blood would've needed to go inside of the place that blood was taken from. Typically blood is coming out of that spot.. It'd be different is that supposed Hep C blood is being rubbed on your wound (that's a very different situation though!).

Hope this helps!

Erik

worried of hiv
HIV transmission from hands to faucet