my 2 year old daughter chewed on my moms toothbrush!

My 2 year old daughter chewed on my moms toothbrush. I don't think my mom has anything, but can my daughter get HIV, HEPATITIS C, OR ANYTHING ELSE from chewing on her toothbrush. I have told my mom not to let her. What's the risk. Sorry but I'm really worried

Response from Mr. Glenn

It doesn't sound like your 2yr old was at significant risk for any of the things that you mentioned.

HIV is an absolute No Risk. For Hepatitis there could be some risk, but only if there was blood on the toothbrush, only if your mom had Hepatitis, and only if your 2 yr old was crewing hard enough to break her own gums (this would allow the blood on the toothbrush to enter into her body, the mouth alone isn't really helpful for that).

But all three of those things would've need to have happened! Unlikely..

It might be helpful to consider why you're worried in the first place. On one hand you mention not thinking that your mom had anything, but then it sounds like you're really worried because..?

Hope this helps

Erik

HIV from old condom or exposed to heat
worried of hiv