can i get infected in this way?

I went to a hospital for annual blood drawing test. One person before me left some blood in the table, and the nurse sweeped it with one paper,but not very cleanly. When it was my turn, I touched the place with my hand. After finishing my blood draw, about one minute later, I touched the needle wound with the same hand. I am afraid it now. Because many persons come to this hopital for HIV test. Are there any risks to get HIV by this way.Do I need any test?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

From what I understand, there wouldn't be any risk from this situation. The blood would've needed to have come out of someone's body and gone immediately/directly inside of yours. That didn't happen in your case, The blood wasn't being pushed inside your body in anyway.

Besides, the blood from the other people had been lying around for too long (so it wouldn't be able to infect anyone even if there was HIV in it).

Hope this helps!

Erik

I'm dying and not producing antibodies
HIV from old condom or exposed to heat