Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Will he come back?
May 26, 2013

I've been with a wonderful man for about 6 months and we've been getting along so well. I also think we've both fallen for one another. Now the problem is I hadn't disclosed my hiv status to him because I feared losing him and didn't know what his reaction would be. I finally conjured up the courage and told him and he freaked out. He told me he was worried sick and hasn't spoken to me in 2 weeks now. I have apologised and reassured him that our sexual activities carried no risks as I'm on meds and am undetectable. He performed oral on me a few times and has inserted without a condom a few times before actually wearing a condom after me insisting but I never came and was always dry. Do you think he will come back or is this it. Am worried as I love this man with all my heart. It's my first disclosure experience.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Disclosing status is the scariest aspect of living with HIV. Because we are never sure how someone is going to respond. I can't tell you what his response will be and if he will ever return, but what I can tell you is to learn from this experience. I had so many different experiences of disclosing my status and the biggest lesson I learned was to disclose my status prior to getting my heart truly involved with someone. I had a 3 date rule, that if things were progressing and we are liking one another that I would disclose it then. I hope that he decides to come back, know that if he does chose not to that it has nothing to do with you! It is how he is deciding to deal with it, it hurts now but in the long run if he choses not to come back he is not someone you want to have in your life for the long run. You want someone in your life who will completely love you unconditionally.

Be well!

Shannon

Previous
not in archive..
Next
Herpes/HIV coinfection

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.