Asked many times....Plz answer Dr Shanon !!

Hello Drs...here is what i wana ask.......... I am male.....1st week of March 2013 we got to know that my Girlfreind is Hiv Positive. We been together for 1 year. Basically i always practised Safe Sex with her. But as usual Human Error can happen for 1 year sex with her (i.e Condom Breakage or Slip) which i pray didnt happen...When we met she wasnt Positive....She mite have gone out when i was out of town starting of this year 2013. I mainly travel 2 weeks a month. Now from then its like am sitted on a Time Bomb.We did have DEEP oral unprotected like.....BJ....Sucking her nipples....biting her body all oral was unprotected was same to her and me . Have tested like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 weeks and recently 10 weeks...(results Negative) all Tests was done via Hiv Antibody Determine 1/2. I have read in many forum as 3 months (12 weeks) is conclusive, some forum say 6 months...also read 8 weeks is conclusive. My question are..... 1) What do u think can i conclude this that i am negative?? or still further tests required like 12th week to 13 week or 6 months as per my risk ?? 2) Can the results in coming week change ?? 3) Can i continue have Unprotected sex with my wife?? Thanks

Hi, Here's a lot of information for you. First, she may have been exposed prior to meeting you. There is what is called the window period where someone is exposed to HIV and is positive but will test negative. This is because the test is looking for the body to develop antibodies against HIV this is why the testing guidelines are to be tested initially at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days and this test is conclusive. This is as long as there were no other exposures during this time. As for the HIV transmission between the two of you, oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. As for future sexual contact, condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off.

I'm not sure from your question is you have both a girlfriend and a wife, or if your girlfriend is now your wife. So I'm hoping that I was able to answer all of your questions.

Blood on Healing Wound
not in archive..