Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Rash on wife's Forearms (worried she got infected from me?)
May 26, 2013

I had an unprotected sex with a prostitute , when my wife was away from me and on 64th Day I got a negative result through VIDAS HIV DUO QUICK; on 70th Day onwards I had sex with wife, thinking that Im not infected. Now, from 83rd Day onwards my wife is having rashes on her both arms (only on arms) and today its 106th Day. Im totally stressed and Im unable to do a test since, Im employed in a Middle East country and they will demob/repatriate me if I found HIV +. My question ,is the rashes which appeared on my wifes both arms, is due to HIV infection. Do HIV rashes appears so soon (13th day after exposure) ?; HIV rashes can come only on arms? my wife do not know anything about this. Please provide me an answer

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Testing guidelines recommend testing at 90 days post exposure and results are conclusive. Receiving your test at 64 days and it being negative is a good sign. Having the rash appear on your wife 13 days after is too soon for symptoms to appear. I understand that getting tested is difficult in your position, of course if there is anyway it would be important. Having unprotected sex with multiple partners does increase your risk of infection. Transmission of HIV from women to men also carries a small risk but defintely carries a risk. Again, the only way to know both you and your wife's status is to be tested. If I were to give an opinion of your risk and your wife it would be very low. But in no means is this a statement of guarantee that neither of you are HIV negative, but again the risk is on the lower end of the scale.

Be well and stay safe, use condoms!!!!!

Shannon

Previous
Can i delete hiv from my mind.Please help me to move on.
Next
Occupational exposures; the difference?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.