False negative STD test?

A few months ago I tested positive for Chlamydia. During that time I did have unprotected sex with my boyfriend multiple times and he recently got tested and his test results came back negative. Is there a chance he doesn't have it? (Which I know is a long stretch) or was the test a false negative? He took a urine test which I didn't like because I feel having a swab taken would be more accurate.

Thanks in advance.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

There are many possibilities of what could explain this. Maybe he went to the bathroom right before the urine test (this washes away the evidence). Maybe he got tested and took medicine without telling you so the later test came back negative. Or even (as unlikely as it sounds) maybe he just didn't get it.

You may never be able to tease out the real reason for this weirdness. Maybe it doesn't matter. But what definitely does matter is that you are both currently negative for Chlamydia. If this is still unclear, it'd probably be a good idea for you both to get tested again (it can't hurt).

Hope this helps!

Erik

Fear of HIV Exposure from "Safer" Vacation Fling, condoms/baby oil
Can i delete hiv from my mind.Please help me to move on.