period sex generates hiv
May 24, 2013
i had sex with my girl friend in the time of period (period sex) without using condom. the girl and me both are hiv negative.is there any risk of HIV and STD?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- If both you and your partner are both indeed HIV -negative then there is no risk of transmission whether your girlfriend is menstruating or not. Certainly if hiv status is not sure, condoms would be recommended and transmission could be increased in the presence of menstruation. Take care, LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- French Kissing Do I Need To Get Tested For HIV
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Mutual Masturbation?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Needle Stick?
- Is Pain In Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.