safety pin stab?
May 24, 2013
I was wearing flip flops outside and stepped on a safety pin that stabbed the bottom of my foot. Should I be worried about any diseases? Should I do anything?
Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman
Hello there- Bacterial infections can certainly occur this way - so if the wound does not look like it is healing well I would see a doctor to prescribe antibiotics. I would not be worried at all about HIV transmission however. take care. LHW
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Swollen Lymph Nodes A Sign Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Antibiotics And HIV Testing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.