a curious but important question

Hello drs, what I need to know is: Is there any known cases of oral sex in wich the person was just involved in oral witout any other sexual acts (in other words he/she still virgin) and got hiv because of it?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Even though oral sex is a lower-risk activity for HIV, several reports show that people have become infected with HIV through oral sexual activity. A number of studies have tried to figure out the exact level of risk of oral sex, but it can be difficult to get accurate information. When HIV is spread, it is difficult to tell if it was the oral sex or another, more risky sexual activity that was responsible for spreading HIV since oral sex is not the only sexual activity for most people. Other factors also increase the risk of oral sex, including bad oral hygiene, genital sores, and the presence of other STDs.

The take home message is that oral sex carries a very small but real risk. Hope that helps. Take care, LHW

Hiv test accuracy at 6 months.Please need help.
I beg you to answer me Dr Lisa