Be pricked by plant spine with may be contaminate with HIV dried blood.

I was pricked by the plant spine in public park and I have 2 tiny cutting wound with minimal bleeding at my tips of finger. I am not sure that the plant was contaminated with dried blood from others. Is there any chance to get HIV? Thank you for answering me.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there No, you cannot acquire HIV from plant "bites". HIV is a fragile virus, and breaks down quickly, if not in the right conditions. It can ONLY survive outside the human body for a VERY short period of time. Some say 30 seconds or less. So, even IF someone with HIV had bled all over the plant spine (very far fetched and I'm having trouble imagining this scenario) by the time you came in contact the blood would have died. Take care, LHW

HIV/SUN BLOCK/sunburnt skin
open skin, but not bleeding