Meds

Dear Dr. I did single duo test after 13 weeks from unprotected vaginal sex with a CSW. 1 day before my test I just finished my meds. ( 600mg Guaifenesin twice a day for 20 days ). I saw your recent post that 13 weeks is enough for DUO test but would my medication after the test. I saw in this website ( http://mpkb.org/home/othertreatments/guaifenesin ) that it may cause mild immunosuppression and affect my test. And lastly although the p24 antigen of the duo test is for HIV1, is it true that HIV2 may also be detected bec. of cross reaction. though I need more test especially for HIV 2 or this is conclusive..Thank you

Th duo test is a major advance in HIV diagnostics. It detects antibodies to HIV-1 and HIV-2 and p24 antigen of HIV-1. This antigen is detectable within a few days of infection.

A negative test at 13 weeks convinces me that you do not have HIV-1 or HIV-2. Cough medicine will not interfere with your production of antibodies and will certainly do nothing to inhibit detection of p24.

Can Vaginal Fluid licked by woman Can trasfer HIV while kissing?
Please tell me I just need to see Physch