Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Deep Bleeding Wound
May 8, 2013

Hello, I have read as many articles similar to this as I could on your website. I am a hetrosexual male. I met a woman in thailand who's HIV status is unknown. We had protected vaginal sex, and she performed unprotected oral sex on me, with ejaculation. I have read on this website that these two acts are low risk.

What concerns me is that half an hour prior to this i had received a deep cut in my heel from a sharp object. Upon finishing the she noticed this cut which had just started drying up and she tried rubbing off the blood on it by applying some saliva on her thumb. I am not sure if she had any open cuts on the thumb or whether she had any visible blood in her mouth. Is this worth worrying about?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

It sounds like you understand the little risk around the sex you had.

The situation that you're describing with your cut heel doesn't sound risky. Saliva DOES NOT transmit HIV. Unless you noticed blood/cut on her thumb there's no reason to think there was any.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
Lab worker didn't use gloves to collect my blood.
Next
HIV Survival

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.