hiv 2 delay seroconversion
May 6, 2013
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10667898 How true is this article..I can't understand. If I get tested 3months more for A duo test with p24 antigen after unprotected anal sex would this be conclusive without worrying about hiv 2? pls answer
Response from Dr. Wohl
Over the past 15 years the testing for HIV (1 and 2) has come a long way. The combo (duo) test is excellent for detecting antibodies to HIV-2.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Rectal Bleeding A Sign Of AIDS?
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be Ars
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.