Stop PEP treatment could cause resistance?

Hello Dr.

Ive been on PEP treatment for a week (1 Truvada + 4 Kaletra each day). Due to my low risk of having contracted HIV, I was thinking of stop taking Kaletra because i am scared of the side effects vs my risks. Could stop taking Kaletra cause resistance in the case I finally contract HIV now or in the future(I have been taking them for a week now). Would be Truvada enough treatment for a low risk? I really need to make a decision soon and I need some advice.

Thank you for reading and answering. I wish my doctors would be as helpful as you are.

I would stay on the Kaletra and Truvada. The risks of 4 weeks of Kaletra are minimal. You do have a risk of resistance if you stop Kaletra only and indeed do acquire HIV.

CD4% down slightly
hiv 2 delay seroconversion