CD4% down slightly
May 6, 2013
Hello Dr. Wohl, I began my Atripla regimen two months ago. At that time my CD4 % was 25 and absolute count was 375. My blood work from yesterday shows my CD4 % at 24 and absolute count at 452. Should I consider my readings as stable, or should I have any concerns? Thank you kindly.
Response from Dr. Wohl
I would wait and see what happens over time. One time point is not enough to see what the trend will be. Typically, the absolute and % will increase as long as your viral load is suppressed.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Can You Get It From Earrings
- How Long Before Hiv Turns To Aids?
- Is A Cough Without Fever An Early Symptom Of Hiv?
- Social, Legal, And Ethical Ramifications Of HIV Status Disclosure
- Toilet Paper Touched Bloody Tampon And I Wiped With It
- Myths Or Stereotypes About People Infected With Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.