HIV transmission from pill given by HIV positive
May 6, 2013
Dear Dr. Wohl
I am from Indonesia and I am living with an HIV positive housemate who are already taking anti-retroviral drugs for a month now. Few days ago, I had an acute attack of my gouty and I asked him out of desperation to hand me over my medicine (divided into two pieces) . He put the medicine in his hand and put it directly in my mouth. I do not know if his hands were clean or if there are any body fluids on it but apparently, I did not see anything. I am just as worried though. Am I at risk for any HIV transmission in this manner?
Thanks very much auguste
Response from Dr. Wohl
No risk here. HIV is not transmitted like this. At all.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.