HIV transmission from cookies straight from hands of HIV +
May 6, 2013
Dear Dr. Wohl,
I a from Fiji and recently, an HIV positive friend gaveme cookies straight from his hand and I am worried that he could have use that hand elsewhere.
Am I at risk with HIV?
Response from Dr. Wohl
HIV from a cookie? No. As long as you do not have unprotected sex with this pal or use injection equipment he has used, you have nothing to worry about in terms of catching HIV from him.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do I Have Recurrent Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Which Is Better To Treat Genital Warts Tca Treatment Or Cream?
- Where Is The Most Common Place To Have Shingles?
- What Over The Counter Medication Can Help Get Rid Of Shingles?
- What Gender Is Most Likely To Get Chlamydia?
- Ways To Get Syphilis Without Having Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.