Validity of DNA-PCR post PEP - perplexed

Dear Dr. Wohl,

I am perplexed, confused, and on the way to OCD over HIV testing. I was on PEP (Combivir) for 28 days after brief oral (fellatio). I tested negative at six weeks post exposure with both DNA-PCR and ELISA. I tested negative at 8 weeks post exposure with a rapid antibody (fingerprick) test.

Do I need further testing? Are my results conclusive? The conflicting information I read is really worrying me. Others in similiar scenario are deemed conclusive, and others not. Please help!

I believe that the risk of being infected via oral sex to be incredibly low. Add to that the incredibly low chance that you would be infected and not picked up by HIV testing at 6 weeks. Therefore, all together you are talking doubly incredibly low chance (I dare say approaching impossibility) that you are indeed infected.

If I was you, I would consider myself uninfected and move on,

My doctor never explained.
Re: my doctor doctor never explained