Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Requesting again..Please respond......am really scared
May 1, 2013

Hi, I had possible exposure to HIV on 8th April this year when I had intercourse with a sex worker. I had my condom on and she performed oral on me. Then I had two rounds of intercourse, first in missionary style, second she riding me.After this, when she got off me, I found the condom has slipped upward halfway on my shaft..the head well covered though. Then I took it off and masturbated, no more intercourse.I don't know if the condom was broken as I did nit ejaculate wearing it. From 11th April I had diarrhea, which is still continuing. Many times I have itches all over my back but could not see much visible rashes. No fever as of now. Can you please assess my risk in this case? Can hiv get transmitted when I took off the condom and masturbated with the same hand? Please answer doctor..am very scared.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

Since the condom was still covering the head of your penis (and the opening to your urethra), transmission was unlikely. Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV, and masturbating with the same hand did not put you at risk in the slightest.

Please refer to our section on HIV Prevention for easy to understand information on how HIV is and is not transmitted.

In health,

Richard

Previous
2nd time I've asked this question! Please reply!
Next
HIV transmission ? PLEASE

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.