Please help to find out
May 1, 2013
Dear doctor, (Sorry I put a wrong email address in my previous message)
Thanks a lot for your great service. May be my question will be stupid. But kindly read it fully and reply.
Couple of dates back I had oral sex with a sex worker from the street in Vancouver. What actually happened was she first tried to put the condom on my penis using her mouth. But soon she realized that it is the wrong side of the condom, then she turn the condom other side and put it into my penis using her mouth and start doing the oral sex. We only did it less than 2 minutes and since I felt uncomfortable, I asked her to stop. So we stopped and I removed the condom.
But now I am really scared for some thing. My thinking is as below
1. She had blood mixed with her saliva in her mouth. 2. When she tried to put the condom first time from the wrong side, this blood mixed saliva came in touch with the condom 3. Now when she turn the condom other side and put the condom in me, the saliva mixed with blood is inside my condom and that can make me infected. 4. I was having too much masturbation on the previous day night and in the morning on the day this happened (this happened in the evening), so even my foreskin was cracked and it may have made an easy passage to HIV to get in
So I am scared that I am infected.
Can you please advice?
Thank you very much
Response from Mr. Cordova
1: Saliva is a pre-digestive enzyme. It helps start the process of breaking down your food before it hits your stomach. It also helps neutralize HIV so that it is unable to infect someone. In addition, HIV does not live well outside of the human body. The moment it leaves the bloodstream it starts to die.
2: See answer #1
3. See answer #1
4. See answer #1
I do not think you were at risk. I do not think you need to be tested for this incident. If you like, you can test at 90 days for your peace of mind.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Hiv Causes Numbness And Tingling In Feet And Hand?
- How Can A Woman Be Hiv Positive And Her Husband Hiv Negative?
- Can You Have Sex With Someone Who Has Hiv And Not Catch It?
- Is A Black Sore Inside The Gum A Sign Of Hiv Or Aids?
- Is Protein In Urine A Sign Of Hiv?
- How Long After Exposure To Hiv Does It Take To Test Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.