ARS symptoms 2 Weeks after Anal/oral

2 weeks ago I met up with a guy online and we had unprotected oral sex (I was sucked off) followed by protected anal sex (I again was the receiver). The condom didn't break and neither of us ejaculated inside of each other. So I am utterly terrified as to why 3 days ago I started to develop all the symptoms of ARS including at first hot and cold flushes with a head ache followed days later by the development of an upper torso all over rash and some white build up on my tongue. I've been on the internet looking at symptoms ever since I started feeling unwell and don't know what to do!

Please any advice would be much appreciated as i'm suffering so much right now!

Thanks Chris

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

The first thing you need to do is to stop looking up stuff on the internet! Symptoms are an unreliable way to diagnose HIV infection.

Your risk itself was low. Receptive oral sex, and protected receptive anal sex do not carry a high risk for infection:

ORAL SEX: The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

PROTECTED SEX: Condoms are effective in preventing HIV transmission as long as they are used correctly, with condom-safe lubricant, and don't break.

Last, but certainly not least: ARS would not appear so quickly. I do not think you need to be concerned.

In health,

Richard

faint line rapid test
Please help to find out