faint line rapid test

dear Sir! i am a male from India. i received blow job five times from a person, from 2011 to Jan 2012. i am the inserter, one time there is blood from my penis, on Apr 15 2012 i took rapid test its negative. then at Dec 1, 2012 i took another rapid test this time there is faint line in hiv 2 point. i freaked then next day i go to another clinic where i first tested, i briefly tell that previous test , and took one rapid test this time completely negative. i have fear onwards . so i wait for two months and took another rapid test on Jan 31, 2013. its also negative . pls mam now my situation . pls answer Sir

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

A line, no matter how faint would be considered positive. A positive rapid test should be followed up with a Western Blot as a confirmatory test. Your two subsequent negative HIV tests (well outside of the 90 day window) would imply that you are indeed negative and that perhaps that first one was a false positive.

The risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low. It is even reasonable to state that for the person receiving oral sex (that is on whom oral sex is being performed) the risk of acquisition of the virus is practically zero. For the person placing his or her mouth on someone else's genitals, the risk may be slightly higher but still very very low. Theoretically, obvious cuts, wounds, sores, or infections in the mouth could raise this risk. But relatively speaking this is still considered to be a low-risk sexual activity as the mouth is not a hospitable place for the HIV virus. Please note that other sexually transmitted infections are readily spread via oral contact and you may need to be checked for these.

BOTTOM LINE: I would not be concerned. I do not think you need additional testing.

In health,

Richard

Oral Sex Risk
ARS symptoms 2 Weeks after Anal/oral