Oral Sex Risk

Dr. Cordova - my wife and I had an unexpected 3 some. The only thing that happened was the other woman performed oral sex on my wife. I'm really concerned about STD's and going for a check. Just would like any thoughts to ease my mind during this stressful period.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

The risk for transmission was low in this situation. Certain STD's are more readily transmitted via oral sex (HIV is not), but the risk is still fairly low. Especially for the receptive partner, and even more so since the receptive partner was a women. Chlamydia and Gonorrhea prefer the back of the throat where it is dark, warm, and moist. When someone who is infected in the throat perform oral sex on a penis and take the penis into the back of their throat, the bacteria is more easily transmitted to the urethra of the uninfected partner's penis. When a female is the receptive partner it is harder for the bacteria to find its way into her urethra.

BOTTOM LINE: I do not think you need to be concerned. If you need to test for peace of mind then follow up with a full round of testing at 90 days.

In health,

Richard

Can HIV symptoms appear in three days from exposure
faint line rapid test