Worried about my son

I am really worried about my 3 year old son, my husband took him for a hair cut at the barbers. When he got home i realised the barber had clipped his ear, my husband doesnt think they were cleaned from the customer before,( the customer before my son was a young boy) there would only have been a couple of minutes between the young boy and my son getting his hair cut, is there a chance my son could catch hiv from this sitiation? If someone was hiv positive and used the hairclippers earlier that day and got cut then my son got clipped on the ear would that be possible to tramsmit hiv to my son? i am making myself sick with worry and cant sleep at night, i suffer with really bad anxiety, Please can you answer my question to put my mind at ease, Many thanks

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

No. HIV is not transmitted this way. First, HIV does not live well outside of the human body. Even a few minutes time (or even less) is enough time for the virus to start to die. Once it starts to die, it becomes unable to infect another person. Second, HIV needs direct access to the bloodstream for transmission to occur. The kind that happens during unprotected vaginal and anal sex, or when people share needles or drug works.

If you suffer from anxiety, and thoughts like these are common, my suggestion is that you work with a qualified mental health professional. They can help you gain the skills you need to manage your anxiety. If you are already working with a mental health professional that's great. Be sure to tell them about this situation and any others that come up for you.

In health,

Richard

ABOUT MASTURBATION
HIV testing