Negative Hepatitis/HIV Test

I had an incident 20 months ago where I got some blood on my hand from a person that I feel may have had exposure to Hepatitis/HIV (drug user). Since then I have had 4 tests at 6, 9, 12 and 18 months. All the tests for hepatitis and HIV were negative which is great but I continue to not feel well and have had alot of the same symptoms that someone with hep c would have i.e. itchy backs of hands, darker urine, change in bowell movements, pain in upper right abdomen and back. What are the chances these tests could be wrong and could I have given myself an ulcer or gall stones from the paranoia and stress that I have been esperiencing? What is making me still sick?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

First off, blood on the hand isn't necessarily risky. The blood would have needed to get inside of your body. Let's assume that was the case, you've been tested more than enough to know that you didn't get infected from this situation.

Have you had a chance to follow up with a doctor about what you're experiencing?? That's going to be the real way to get down to the bottom of what's going on. When you go in, it's not a conversation about HIV/Hepatitis you're going to have (that's already been covered), it's a conversation about what's going on with your body. The stress you're experiencing can definitely be part of the problem..

I wish you luck with getting down to the bottom of this!

Hope this helps!

Erik

chances of getting hiv or any std??
HIV - possible ARS symptoms at 5 days.