contact with blood during wrestling session

I was in my wrestling class and while executing a drill with a co-athlete i found some blood spots on my inner thigh. At first i thought it was mine from a toe nail scratch but then i realised that probably was from the other person's wound. I had a shower while getting home and washed away the blood but i didn't notice any open wounds in my skin. Not very sure though. From that moment i got terrified if i could become infected from this exposure. I don't think my co-athlete is positive with hiv or other disease but you never know. Am i at risk? Thank you

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

It doesn't sound you were at risk. Even if there was blood with HIV in it, it needs a way to get inside your body. That doesn't sound like it happened.

HIV really only gets transmitted under a specific set of circumstances. You'd literally need an opening into your body like a fresh cut, wound, sore, or lesion. The kind that would probably hurt to touch.

Hope this helps!

Erik

tequila shot
chances of getting hiv or any std??