DIRECTLY/IMMEDIATELY

I always read your posts and they say directly and immediatly---can you explain exactly what that means

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

I'm actually being literal when I say those things. HIV is a pretty wimpy virus compared to the other viruses out there.

Contact with a body fluid needs to be DIRECT. It needs to be coming out of someone and touching you directly. It also needs to be pretty much IMMEDIATE. These two things together are necessary because HIV begins to die as soon as it leaves a host body. If the contact isn't direct, then time has passed.

An example: if there's blood in a bathroom that you come in contact with but you didn't even see the person who left it.. then that's a lot of time! The fluid carrying HIV has either dried, cooled, wiped away, or any number of other things that stop this from being an "ideal" situation for transmission. And HIV needs an ideal situation.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Genital Warts and Cervical Cancer
Nursing school