Giving oral sex with a condom on

I just asked you a question about fingering; however, I recently started dating this guy and he wants me to give him a blow job. I am female. He seems to be at higher risk, as he has been with a lot of partners and I don't know his HIV status. If I have him wear a condom while giving him oral sex, am I at risk for HIV or stds, or will the condom protect me from this? Thanks!

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

It'll help before having sex to have a conversation with your partner about getting tested for HIV/STDs (waiting 3 months from both your last sexual contacts). Since that takes some time, you're right. Using protection is definitely the way to go to help keep you and your partner healthy.

Using a condom during oral sex with get rid of the risk for fluid based STDs (as long as the condom remains intact). As for the other STDs (e.g. Herpes, HPV) that are transmitted by direct skin-to-skin contact, a condom will protect you as long as it prevents your skin from rubbing together.

Hope this helps!

Erik

very worried please help
Chance of Hiv after first encounter.