Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

PLEASE ANSWER
Apr 29, 2013

GOOD MORNING SIR . i am a male 21 years of age. i am from india . sir i have sex with a callgirl on 28jan 2013 during sex my condom broke and exposure was for a very short time period hardly 6-9 seconds . By end of ferbruary i notice puss like discharge from my penis. i feel really scared. i undergo a tri dot hiv test at a private laboratory on 7th march . my test result was negative . on 15th of march once again i got myself tested at a goverment hospital tjis time a rapid test hiv test report again negative. on 21st of march i got tested positive for gonorrehea. my doctor prescribed me 400mg cefexime and 1gmazithromycin and anyi biotics for a week .in between i suffer from mild fever 99.2 c . my doctor again give me medication for another week. in between i don't suffer from any swollen lymph nodes , diarrehea , vomiting etc.but i got a white hairy tongue some time white part got reduce and some time it increases on its own. itiching on my testis, some times pain on tip of my penis. i again undergo a rapid hiv test at goverment hospital on 15 april 78 days after exposure again negative. some time i got burning sensation in my underarms NOW SIR MY QUESTION IS THAT 1.AM I AT RISK OF ACQUIRING BOTH GONORREHEA AND HIV AT SAME TIME 2.HOW MUCH PROBABILITY IS THERE A PERSON GOT TESTED POSITIVE AFTER GETTING TESTED NEGATIVE ON 78DAYS AFTER EXPOSURE 3.A NEGATIVE 84 DAYS OR 90 DAYS TEST IS DECESIVE OR NOT PLEASE HELP DOC Stop watching Featured Videos:

STD Testing For Men

How HIV is Spread

Spotting HIV Symptoms

Best Answer

LIZZIE LOU Apr 23, 2013 84 days is considered conclusive...your test won't change Reply 3 Comments Post a Comment

LIZZIE LOU Apr 23, 2013 84 days is considered conclusive...your test won't change Reply

kaka316 Apr 23, 2013 To: LIZZIE LOU thanksss.... doc... but according to you am i at any kind of risk after you read my symptoms... i am very anxious .... sir. Reply

Vance2335 Apr 23, 2013 Your test is negative, you don't have HIV Reply

Previous Next < Back to Community Post a Comment To

Comment

Post A Comment

Add to watch list Today's Pulse

HIV/AIDS Treatment Options: An Overview What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.

Go Recent Activity

Teak says, use Latex, Polyureth... Comment 4 hrs ago

goingcrazy370, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status 12 hrs ago

Tryingforbaby2 So surreal but yes, there a... Comment 13 hrs ago More MedHelp Health Answers

Submit

Related Forums Communities Experts Groups HIV, Living With STDs

HIV Tracker Log your HIV progression Start Tracking Now Top HIV Answerers

LIZZIE LOU Auburn, AL

Teak OH

tensed19 London, United Kingdom

nursegirl6572 PA

Vance2335 Buffalo, NY

interestedparty71 London, United Kingdom More Learn about top answerers Popular Resources

What To Do If You Think You Have HIV What are common HIV symptoms? How can it be treated? Learn all about HIV in MedHelp's HIV Learning Center.

Best Ways to Stay Germ-Free Conquer this seasons toughest bugs before they have the chance to take hold with these eight disease-fighting tips

Worst Holiday Foods How to make it to January in the same pants size.

What is Nausea? Discover some of the common causes of nausea and vomiting.

How to Beat Plantar Fasciitis Heel pain treatments to help get you back on your feet.

Exercise Away Your Back Pain Tips and moves to ease backaches Related Tags STDBloodHIV RisksARSHIV TransmissionvaginalBleedingoral sexHIVtesthiv testsexquestioninfectionssore throatsymptomcondompenisOralanalSTDsscaredworriedworryplease helpAnxietynegativeriskHIV Preventionrash Most Popular Trackers

Mood Tracker

Weight Tracker

Water Consumption Tracker More

RSS Expert Activity

Autism and Exercise: Today is the W... Apr 02 by Michael Gonzalez-Wallace

What Determines Long Term Success ... Mar 28 by Julia M Aharonov, DO

Rapid Detox Mar 07 by Clare Waismann Kavin, More Most Viewed Health Pages

HIV ANXIETY

Update On Hiv Window Period 2008

How long after a possible exposure should I wait to...

HIV:The Facts

Anxiety Disorders See all Health Pages

About Us | Advertising | Terms of Use | Privacy | What's New | En español | Report Abuse | Contact Us | Help Explore Our Android Apps: My Cycles | I'm Expecting | My Diet Diary | View All Mobile Apps The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.

This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here. Copyright © 1993-2012 Med Help. All rights reserved.

Related Searches: Breast Cancer Support Medical Technology Men's Health Medical Advice Healthy Food Choices Eating Healthy Foods Find A Doctor Eating Disorder Treatment Diseases And Conditions High Blood Pressure Medicine

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi At any time you have sex you put yourself at risk for all of the sexually transmitted infections. With the condom breaking this increased your risk. Your testing is conclusive that you do not have HIV. The guidelines for HIV testing is to be tested initially at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days, as long as there are no other exposures during this time the test results are conclusive.

I would recommend that you continue follow up with your health care provider for treatment for the gonorrhea and ensure that it completely clears up. Having another active STI does increase your risk of HIV acquisition and all of the other STI's.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Muscle pain and swollen gland
Next
beg u to help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.