Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Muscle pain and swollen gland
Apr 29, 2013

I have posted so many times i hope i can get an answer to my question. i am very confused : 7 weeks ago I received an erotic massage with protected oral sex, the masseuse did sit naked on my leg and back, she also licked my exposed testicles twice. , i got tested after 4 days and all came back negative. after 7 weeks i have random pain on my left arm and it seems that I have developed a swollen gland under my left arm pit. I did compare it to my right arm pit and it is deffinetly different. Also the glands in my groin get tingling from time to time and i have the feeling that my groin area is swollen. . I have no other symptoms beside the feeling of swollen glands the muscle pains and a general feeling of malaise. Are those signs that the body is fighting a viral infection ? Are those symptoms of post or pre seroconversion ? What viral infections cause such symptoms (hiv hepatitis, herpes, epstein bar etc ...? What testing would you recommand for me?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi From what you have described all that you experienced with her carried no risk for HIV transmission. Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission and with it being protected there was no risk. Also having her just lick your testicles again, no risk. Having her just sitting on your leg poses no risk either.

The symptoms you are experiencing can be for so many reasons, but it would not be HIV related from what you have told me about what your exposure was. I would recommend if the symptoms continue that you follow up with your health care provider.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Can warm metal spread hiv?
Next
PLEASE ANSWER

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.