Homosexual Virgin Sex Risks

I've looked around, but I can't find an answer. My boyfriend and I were both virgins when we first had sex, unprotected but clean. If there is no risk of STD passed down from the mother and we have never had sexual contact before then, is there still a risk of another form of infection, whether viral or bacterial? And is there a way to prevent this for when we decide to get intimate again? Thanks for your time.

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

You're right. If neither of you have a STD then there's no risk (STDs have to come from someone who has it).

Typically, this is a more involved conversation because both sex partners would have to be tested after a certain period of time and this would need to happen. But in your case, if you're both surely without STDs then that's your necessary information right there.

Talking to your sex partner before sex is a great way to get information out in the open to help you and your partner stay healthy. If you're interested in other safer sex info, feel free to check out the many articles in our archive.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Can blood spill on floor cause infection?
Can warm metal spread hiv?