Can saliva transmit Hepatitis B/C
Apr 28, 2013
I was talking to a friend of mine who is Hepatitis B/c positive and he splashed as he talked particle of saliva on my mouth. What are odds that I am infected?
Response from Mr. Glenn
Thanks for your question,
Saliva does not transmit Hepatitis B or C. It sounds like you were not at risk.
Hope this helps
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Can I Use To Stop The Itching Of The Shingles?
- Is Uti Medication The Same As Gonorrhea?
- Typical Acute Retroviral Syndrome Disease Progression
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.