Just tested negative

Hi Doctor Shannon!

It is me, the person that asked about five hour used condom. The used condom exposure was about 1-2 years ago. I had no std or hiv symptoms at all since the exposure but I have read that symptoms may not appear. So recently I had somehow managed to muster enough courage to get a test. The test for HIV and syhpilis was the rapid kind. Both turned out negative. The counsellor even said that I was never at risk at all in the first place. He also told me that my tests are conclusive and I should not get tested again. Is he right? This experience had frightened me so much that I am most probably going to be a virgin for the rest of my life. Haha.

I just want to thank and salute you, Dr Shannon for helping people with fears of hiv. Thanks Dr Shanon!

Hi The counselor is correct. The risk you described as I had said was not a risk. And now with the tests coming back negative should reinforce this for yourself.

Bleeding, gingivitis and biting
HIV Wonders