Possible Blood Exposure

Today at work a student of mine was bleeding and a few drops fell on a table. I then sprayed the soy where the blood was and wiped it with a couple paper towels with a gloves hand. I then threw the paper towel away. Then I sprayed a little more cleaner on it and wiped it with another paper towel till the area was dry. Then I disposed of everything and peeled my glove off inside out and threw it away. I only used a glove on the hand that was coming in contact with the table. I just want to make sure I cleaned up the blood properly. I am very scared that somehow if the blood had hiv that I might contract it from this. I didn't see blood on my hands when I took the glove off and my non-gloved hand never came into contact with the table or used paper towels. I did have a 3 day old scab on my thumb if I did happen to get anything on my hands. I feel like I just might be paranoid. I was doing well with my anxiety until this happened today. Is there any way I might have been infected if some blood got on me. Very scared.

Hi, Relax! You did everything right! You put a glove on, you wiped down the area with a paper towel and then sprayed the area and wiped it down more. Another thing to keep in mind if the blood did in fact have HIV in it, once HIV leaves the body it begins to die and is unable to infect.

You did everything right!!!

help I foolishly had unprotected anal sex receptive..
Dr. Shannon.....Please HELP!!