help I foolishly had unprotected anal sex receptive..

Hey I made a really bad decision the other night. I have never had receptive anal sex before I met someone out at a club and in the heat of the moment it happened. I know nothing about this person at all, I called 3 times today I figured I'd ask if hed be willing to take a hiv test... Also I think I was bleeding a little bit during, I don't remember if he ejaculated inside me or not. Its sunday so the clinic is closed and I'm going to go first thing tommorow morning. I just wanna know since I bled does that increase my risk? How high do you think my risk is for 1 time receptive anal unprotected for about 5ish minutes... What should I do now? I don't have insurance should I get this PEP thing? I'm so worrieed . This whole thing was a wake up call for me and I hope I come out of it with no stds and I will be much safer in the future.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

PEP is only effective within 72 hours. You might be running up against that window at this point. If you are within the 72 hour window period you could go to your nearest emergency room. They can administer the medication.

The risk of a one-time occurrence is certainly lower than if this was an ongoing problem. However, the risk is still there. In regards to the bleeding: The tissue in the rectum is so fragile, that even if there had been no bleeding, there was likely tearing.

You'll need a test at 90 days to be certain. If you like, you can go in for an initial test at 28 days, with the final one at 90.

It sounds like you know that you put yourself at risk and it sounds like you don't plan on making that mistake again. Always have condoms and lube on you when you go out. You never know when you might find a little fun.

In health,

Richard

Chances of catching any sti's
Possible Blood Exposure