Blood Drawn

Hello Forum Experts and thank you for reading my concern. I went for a blood test recently at a lab and had my blood drawn. I noticed the first time the man drew my blood he wore no gloves at all during the procedure, I did not mind so much as he wiped the injection site with the alcohol wipe before drawing the blood. However the second time I had to go back to the same lab for another blood test, this time I kind of panicked because I got the same male nurse. Again he did not wear gloves and I also did not see him wash his hands. The concern comes in is when he was touching my arm for the vein, I still had my prior needle injection site from 3 days before, which I do not know if it was healed and closed yet, it was not bleeding at all so I did not bother keeping it covered. My concern is he touched that area with out washing his hands, is there a a possible hiv infection from this? should I get a test done to confirm if I have caught hiv? i'm pretty scared but I looked at my arm a lot after he was touching it for the vein and did not see any blood that could of got on it from his hands. I just feel pretty bad for not saying anything about no gloves being worn or not seeing him wash his hands. I just assumed a professional would do these things.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

There was no risk of transmission in this situation. In the future, you can always request that a health-care professional wear gloves if that makes you feel more comfortable.

In health,

Richard

Had Unprotected oral, protected vaginal with hooker, am. I infected?
Scratched and Worried