Self-prick while blood samoling for HIV patient
Apr 23, 2013
if i was taking a blood sample for HIV pnt, the by mistake ive pricked my self with the needle, what is first step here
im not allowed to draw blood for 3 months Report to medical board Give myself immunoglubulins receive antiretrovirals
Response from Mr. Cordova
Your first step should be to report the incident to your supervisor. They have protocols in place for situations like this. You should do this TODAY. You are still in the window for PEP, should it be warranted.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Deep Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.