No antibodies? HIV symptoms

Hi, first off I just wanted to tell you I've never had any serious life threatening conditions nor any known immune system problems, I had a normal immune system. I don't do drugs or even drink often. I eat pretty healthy and try to stay at active as much as my fatigue allows. I had a known HIV exposure about 20 months ago. Sex with a hooker and the condom slipped off. I had an EIA 9 and 20 months after. finger prick test 14 months after, and 3 mouth swab tests 18-19 months after. All came back negative. Had ARS symptoms 4 weeks after, was sick for several days, high fever. Then sick at 6 weeks after with a high fever for several days. (Can't remember for certain about other symptoms as it was a long time ago) Felt pretty good for awhile then at about 9 months I started showing symptoms. body temp is raised 1-2 degrees constantly from where it was. have horrible diarrhea if I don't get a lot of sleep. always tired and fatigue easily. had a fungal outbreak on my arm 14 months after that lasted for 3 months. I have body aches that seem to come from my lymph nodes in my upper body, they hurt extremely bad and last for 2 days. They usually only happen once every month or two. If I get cut I have trouble stopping bleeding. My cuts also heal very slowly. Headaches. Loss of appetite. Have lost 18 pounds in 5 months without trying to. (I weigh 190 now) Swollen neck lymph nodes for months now. Currently I've had a sore throat for 2.5 weeks. I feel like I've been dulled. I'm not aware of my surroundings, I'm not as smart it seems. Like my brain is being affected. I haven't really gotten sick with a cold or anything for a long time but I constantly am having a lot of these symptoms. All these symptoms are new to me or much worse from before I made my mistake. (Ex. much worse, I get headaches a lot more than I used to) I've been researching online all the rare cases and details of HIV and I think I'm one of them. I've read about numerous occasions of people never producing antibodies to HIV. (Even after 6 months) Result, they go undetected until they are near death. Usually they find out with a PCR test of some sort. Then die shortly after because they progressed rapidly to AIDS since they don't have antibodies to help out. My questions are: Would you recommend I get a PCR test? Do you know what else MIGHT be causing this? What do you think of my symptoms? Can you offer some insight on what causes this phenomenon or why it might have happened to me? Any other advice? I try to stay positive and believe the doctors that I'm just a hypochondriac. But how can I if I feel this way and I know I had an exposure?

I'm very worried. If my prediction is correct I'm likely progressing rapidly to AIDS and could die soon. Please respond ASAP.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there,

You're not progressing rapidly to AIDS, you're not going to die soon, and most importantly: You are HIV negative.

First, your risk itself was fairly low. Yes the condom slipped off, but it was a one-time occurrence, it was brief, and you were the insertive partner. All signs point to low-rate of transmission. Second, you tested WELL outside of the 90 day window.

You are HIV negative. Without a doubt.

If these symptoms persist, then I would suggest working with your doctor to determine other possible causes. It is not HIV. I repeat, it is not HIV.

If you have trouble believing your doctor, and my response, then my suggestion would be for you to talk to a qualified mental health professional. They can work with you to help determine why you are having trouble believing your test results.

In health,

Richard

Handjob hiv std risk assesment
Self-prick while blood samoling for HIV patient