condom broked but not ejaculation please help and guid me am i safe

hi doctor it is exactaly 48hrs now i had a anal sex but condum got broked and his shit got sticked on my penis and with in a minutes i washed my penis with soap and shaged out...now i scared? Wht u suggest me? Am i safe?

Hi Condoms are effective in the prevention of HIV transmission, as long as they are used correctly and do not break or slip off. With yours breaking and coming into contact with fluids from him, it is important that you get tested. We do know that the receptive partner carries the high risk but again with the condom breaking you do need to go through testing. You can start Post Exposure medications up to 76 hours after exposure. So if you are still within that time period you may want to call your health care provider and tell them what you experienced and if starting on meds for a month would be warranted in your situation. Also if there is anyway to know the status of the person you were with obviously would be good to know. For testing the guidelines are to be tested 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days and as long as there were no other exposures during this time the results are conclusive. The other thing to remember is HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection out there to be concerned about I would get a screening for all of them as again there was the condom breakage and you coming into contact with his body fluid.

Shannon

Dr Shannon please help me and my wife - second time asking
freakin out please answer