hiv

hi doctor,i recently went to the clinic for getting tested for hiv.and i was tested negative.but iam in a little fuzz at the testing there was a hazard box which contained all the used syringes and waste it was a small box with a hole at the top .when my test finished nurse gave cotton swabs to put on the on the point(from where blood was taken).and thrown that cotton swabs in the box with little push from same finger.i am thinking that whether more blood present and if my wound touched that blood pls help me doctor if getting mad at this time thanks

Hi No, you can not get HIV from this. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid from prolonged period of time. HIV also begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect.

No need to worry!

Hey Shannon! I was just wonderin'
Dr Shannon please help me and my wife - second time asking