Oral HIV

Hello, I want first to say it's great what you guys are doing, and I wish I knew about this site before I needed it.

Not a question, but just wanted to remind your readers that though oral transmission of HIV is rare, rare does not mean impossible. I recently became positive with oral as my only risk, and even my doctor had me go through my history in detail to identity another risky act, as she hadn't encountered another patient with oral transmission in her 8 years of practice at a respected teaching hospital clinic. I encourage everyone to please at least consider condoms when performing oral sex, especially with a partner whose status is not assured.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Thank you for your comment. As we try to remind readers on this site, while the risk of HIV transmission with oral sex is extremely low it is not zero. Take care, LHW

kissing men chest area
Hey Shannon! I was just wonderin'