my husband slept with hiv positive person

My husband slept with AN HIV positive woman.i tested negative but have had a sore throat for over 2 weeks for no reason.He already gave me herpes, I'm scared to death .he has also slept with men . He will not get tested and is in jail now . How likely is it that I am infected ??

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- Unfortunately, it is impossible to determine your risk of infection based on the information you provided. And really, the best way and only way is to be tested. It is great that you have taken that step and recently tested. However, depending on the last time you had sex with your husband you could be in the window period and additional testing may be needed. I would suggest talking with a medical provider to be sure your symptoms are not related to acute seroconversion which would require ordering an HIV viral load to diagnosis. Take care, LHW

CAN HIV TRANSMIT THIS WAY
kissing men chest area