Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

CAN HIV TRANSMIT THIS WAY
Apr 22, 2013

Respected Dr,Im worried about an incident happened at message centre one year back.Please advice me whether Im at a risk of HIV or not.At massage centre I was given a small towel to kept on to my penis.After three minutes of body messaging,she poured a white fluid on my penis for hand job and musterbated me.Then I wiped out my penis head(semen) by the towel I was wearing.Now Im afraid if another customer also had used the same towel just four minutes before me and if his body fluid(semen) was there in the towel,while whipping my penis head,those fluid(other customer) could be get into my body via penis & if the fluid have been contaminated with HIV+ and the sex workers put it on my penis for hand job and I ejuculate the semen after musterbatingon it.It is possible that my semen will join with the HIV+ virus and transfer into mu urethra.At present I am having lots of health problem after that,as soon this happened immediate from 2nd day I got UTI infection which troubled me for the last 3 months.After that I got three times simplex herpes(cold sores) behind the mouth & nose,At present I am having severe back pain (behind the spinal cord)& urinary disorders low grade temp & white patch on to my tounge.I am having Bowel pathology For the last three years for which I am on medication.Please help me doctor!!Please answer doctor!!I want to back to normal.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there No, you can not get HIV from touching an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid from prolonged period of time. In your case, the towel in question would have had to be soaked with an HIV infected fluid which you then proceeded to rub into an open wound on your body. This was not the case. For more information about how HIV is or is not transmitted see: http://www.thebody.com/content/40478/hiv-aids-prevention.html?ic=3001 take care LHW

Previous
2d time please some one answer drs !
Next
my husband slept with hiv positive person

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.