Can HIV Transmmit This way

Respected Doctor very much depressed about present situation .I am suspecting that I may be infected by any infected syringe that might be used unknowingle by the nurses during my blood test on 9/04/13,because there were 20 used syrenge lying into the table & I didnot watch while taking out my blood.After 10days I startted getting lowgrade fever,fatique,shoulder pain& severe sorethroat,is thease are the symptoms of hiv.DOctor Please Please answer.

Hi The risk of HIV transmission in a health care system is extremely low. If indeed one of the syringes had HIV on it or in it, the thing to keep in mind that HIV begins to die once it leaves the body and is unable to infect. There is no reason for anyone to re use a syringe in a health care setting. So I believe your risk is extremely low for HIV transmission. The symptoms you are experiencing may be from many things, including just get the flu or a cold.

If your symptoms continue or get worse I would follow up with your health care provider for evaluation.

PrEP and circulation problems
Are my results conclusive?