low cd4 count

i was diagnosed last year with cd4 count of 33 and had pcp. ive been undergoing treatment and my cd4 cout is now 190 with a viral load of 2000+. i used to work in respiratory critical care but because i've been sick for long period i am currently working in clinic. i've been pushed by my manager to go back to work in respiratory critical care with my current cd4 of 190 but im just really worried bout going back just yet. Am I making the right decision or am I just afraid / anxious? thanks

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Only you can know when you are ready to return to your full job duties. If you are feeling well, then it certainly may be good to check it out on perhaps a temporary basis. If you find that it is too much, talk to your supervisor. Hopefully he/she will understand. Hopefully your CD4 count will continue to increase over time and your strength and energy level will improve. Depending on how long you have been on HIV medications (>6 months) however, I might be concerned that your VL is not yet undetectable. Talk to your medical provider about this. Take care, LHW

My girlfriend tested +ve and I -ve in the same week.
PrEP and circulation problems