My girlfriend tested +ve and I -ve in the same week.

How can this be? After I had had a couple of -ve test results the most recent the 15th April 2013, I had been with been different women whom after I tested I had a chat about their test and they claim to have gone and tested -ve. My girlfriend of 9 months has tested +ve after a -ve test in September 2012.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- If you are indeed negative (e.g. not in the window period) and she is indeed positive than she had to have acquired her HIV infection sometime between her last negative test and her most recent positive one. I would certainly talk with your girlfriend about this, your concerns so you can move forward together if that is indeed what you want. Hope that helps. Take care LHW

Dr shannon, thanks for spending your valuable time to reply
low cd4 count