blood on a cap?

Today I bought a bottle of rubbing alcohol and when I got it home I saw a bright red spot on it that looked like blood on the cap. Im not sure if i touched it. I know my mom did because she twisted the cap and rubbed it, is it possible that either of us could have caught anything from this exposure?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there No, you can not get HIV from touching an inanimate object. Transmission of HIV from a contaminated surface would require massive exposure to blood or other infected liquid from prolonged period of time (for example: getting a large cut when removing someone from a car accident and then performing CPR on them as both of you were bleeding signficantly). For more information about how HIV is or is not transmitted see: http://www.thebody.com/content/40478/hiv-aids-prevention.html?ic=3001

Take care LHW

hiv phobia and cant go testing .Do I need testing?
Dr shannon, thanks for spending your valuable time to reply